"The Sky Harbour" illustration project

Final Illustration Here

I'm hopping all over the place on this blog but  I wanted to have a bit of fun so I started a fantasy  illustration project and what better way than to use the set monthly themes at imagineFX magazine.

The following are my concept sketches for this months challenge “The Sky Harbour”
I found it pretty hard to re-think the sky harbour theme and I fell in to the typical airship and flying boat solution.
In the first I imagined a water world where ships would have to be dry docked or built from scratch from time to time.






My second concept takes its inspiration from the Jules Verne and Albert Robida’s Illustrations. My sky harbour is based on a massive version of those high altitude weather balloons with the sky ships attracted to it like moths to a light bulb.


I built up the model of my sky Harbour with sketchup and added a bit of colour..
Lots of work to do yet. 






Comments

Popular Posts