Painting A Face with photoshop

After sketching hundreds of faces last week It was about time I had a go at painting a face. I was a bit nervous but I braved it out and started painting.  Painting always scared the b-jesus out of me. I am more comfortable with black and white,I never really painted, buying paints was so expensive when I was a kid i would draw with a pencil or a biro on any scrap of paper or card i could find. When I did get my first set of oils i found it took a lot of patients and good judgement to know when to stop fiddling. I could never finish anything. I find real painting a bit messy so I'm very happy to keep drawing where i'm most comfortable with a  B2 pencil. 

These screenshots took four hours with photoshop, a lot cleaner than real paints.

photoshop portrait 4 hour wips



I miss the feedback you get from a real brush, it's so much easier to change the angle of your stroke or the speed at which you apply paint with real materials and tools. I have started to play with the brush presets  but it feels unnatural. I need to invest in a better Stylus. I'm wearing out the nibs too quickly.

There is a new product called Sensu  brush& stylus  for I-pad https://www.sensubrush.com


better start saving up...


Comments

Popular Posts