Science Fiction Pulp Magazine Art

I have always had a fascination for Science fiction pulp magazine covers, besides the fantastic artwork. I loved the Hugo Gernsback Astounding covers from the 20s and 30s. anything by the artist Frank R. Paul. particularly the alien worlds series. There was a compilation book of astounding covers in my local library reference section which I would spend ages looking at and sketching from. so many great ideas that look a bit quirky but they have always been a fantastic resource to spark off an idea or theme for a new project.


This is my second  tribute to the Golden Age of ScienceFiction 30s and 40s pulp era. It was mostly created using photoshop using a stylus for details and the pin tool to create hard edged "airbrushed" shapes.





Comments

Popular Posts